Def: Recycled – To put or pass through a cycle again, as for further treatment. 2. To start a different cycle in.3. a. To extract useful materials from (garbage or waste).b. To extract and reuse (useful substances found in waste).4. a. To use again, especially to reprocess: recycle aluminum cans; recycle old jokes.b. To recondition and adapt to a new use or function: recycling old warehouses as condominiums.
Inc (incorporated) adj. 1. United into one body; combined
Who we are
Recycled Inc aims to provide support to local communities and people who come to our attention by any means. We recognise the vulnerable position many people face due to various circumstances and we try to assist where possible.
Recycled Inc is funded completely from the sales of “recycled” art, decor and various other hobby and craft projects. The funds raised are used to assist with the planting of vegetable gardens, providing of ingredients for meals to food organisations and assisting needy families.
Recycled Inc was started in October 2009, sprung from an idea to make use of all the craft, hobby projects many people do and be environmentally friendly by recycling unloved items. Recycled Inc runs on the assistance of many friends, family and other volunteers. Based in East London, we are trying to make a difference, one craft project at a time!
To contribute to our community and needy individuals through a green consciousness and recycling hobbies and crafts, Recover, Reuse and Payforward.
We are passionate about our hobbies, crafts and talents and we have a strong drive to contribute to recycling and living a “green” life. We need to care for our environment and communities around us. With that in mind, we have tried to combine our talents with giving back.
We aim to decrease our carbon footprint and give back to our communities through various programmes. The programmes range from:
- Collection boxes called “Hayleigh Hampers” are placed at various stations throughout East London and contents are collected once a week.
- Help develop veggie gardens at local schools to assist with sustainable feeding schemes.
- Host craft and hobby days at old-age homes and community schools to enrich their lives and spread some joy.
- Host events i.e.: dances, demonstrations, talks etc to old-age homes and community schools to educate and develop talent.
- Host fund raisers for organisations/projects like WWF, CHOC, SPCA, SOS Children’s Village and Salvation Army.
- Decrease our carbon footprint by recycling “junk” and unloved items into beautiful, handmade items. Educate the community on been water wise, energy savvy and keep SA clean.
- Spread the Love – Payforward all our blessing to others who need it.
- Recycling benefits both the environment and the economy.
- Less energy is used when recycled materials are included in the manufacturing process
- Good for the South African economy as it decrease the necessity to import raw materials
- Opportunities for income generation and alleviation of poverty through job creation
- Prevents litter
- Contributes to a cleaner, greener and healthier South Africa
- Less, waste, creates more landfill space
- Creates pride in our environment
- It’s your responsibility and mine
Yes, you can help us!
Donations of unloved and junk items are always welcome and are vital for us to continue our work.
Donations of time and resources to our various projects and fund raising efforts are always required, getting involved in your community is extremely rewarding. Hosting a “Hayleigh Hamper” box is a simple, effective way to benefit our projects.
Our craft, decor and kitchen projects are inexpensive, hand-made and unique. Hosting a craft or hobby class is gratifying and we are always looking for new classes to offer. We have many projects we need help with, you need only ask!
How to contact us
Cell: 083 263 0419
Fax: 086 513 4400