I’m always looking for ways to cut costs and save the planet at the same time. I found these recipes which are very basic and most of the items you will find in your kitchen. Also if you have a dishwasher, try my dishwasher powder recipe – works like a bomb!
- Hand sanitizer — For times I can’t get to a sink, hand sanitizer is my best friend. Make your own to save on money and to cut down on waste. All it takes is some aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol. You can also add tea tree oil to the mix, or, if you prefer something less antiseptic smelling, try lavender oil.
- Yoga/Pilates mat cleaner — Exercise mats can get pretty gross, so make a habit of cleaning them often. Keep a spray bottle of homemade disinfectant in your gym bag to sanitize your mat immediately after every use.
- Produce wash — Unfortunately, water is not enough to thoroughly clean produce. To really get the germs off, mix your own produce wash at home. All you need is some water, vinegar, baking soda, and lemon.
Sorry, I forgot to post the recipe for the disinfectant spray – mushy brain moment 🙂
Green DIY disinfectant
- white vinegar
- tea tree oil
- plastic pump spray bottle
- In a plastic pump spray bottle, add 1/4 cup white vinegar. Vinegar is a disinfectant and it shines up surfaces really well without leaving behind any buildup.
- Add about 20 drops tea tree oil to the mixture. This oil will have quite a strong smell, but tea tree oil is a very effective disinfectant. Shake to mix well. Finally fill the bottle with water. That’s it.
- You can use this all natural disinfectant cleaner on your counter tops, microwave, floors, in your bathroom or wherever you would use a disinfectant cleaner.